Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MOAB!!!!!!

Last weekend, our family packed up and headed south to Moab. We went with Brian and Emily Dahl and Roger and Hilary Moody and their two kids. Moab is one of mine and Jason's favorite places. When we are there, we are constantly amazed at the beauty and the broad range of adventuring it has to offer. Utah is a pretty spectacular place to live and to live!!!!

This is everyone eating breakfast at our "secret spot". This camping spot is about 30 mins outside of Moab and so it is a bit of a drive, but it is so worth it.


This is one view from our campsite. As you can see, it is very scenic. We camp in whats called the Bartlet Wash area.


I was having fun messing around with the manual settings on my camera.


Here is the view of our campsite. It is the best not only because it is very pretty, but our campfire is sheltered from the wind by a massive rock.


Elin did not know what to think about the sand and dirt at first. She warmed up to it within minutes and was putting handfuls of dirt in her mouth.



This is a hike to Tusher Tunnel. It is a natural tunnel that is about 75 meters deep and you can walk all the way through to an overlook of a valley. It was really neat!


We all decided to see an overlook called "Top of the World" on Saturday afternoon. We had stopped to eat lunch before we started on the trail. Well about 15 minutes into the trail, Elin got motion sickness from the bumpy ride and threw up everything all over herself and her car seat! Jason and I felt so bad for her! We got her out and I took of her clothes and changed her diaper - she was very wet and very stinky. Jason started cleaning the car seat with water and then strapped it to the top of the car to dry. We decided to turn back and I held Elin till we got down to the road and the car seat had dried enough.
Luckily, there was a laundrymat in town and we were able to wash the carseat cover and Elin's clothes that night. It is interesting, if I saw this happen to someone else's kids and seen what the parents have to do, I would have been reluctant to have kids. But it is amazing what we do (without even thinking) for our own kids.
We, unfortunatley, did not make it to Top of the World. Maybe next time!
Zander Moody was so cute with Elin, he took her by the hand and walked her around and played with her. Elin was delighted - she thought Zander was pretty cool!


More playtime in the dirt. Olivia Moody and Elin played for over an hour - I think Elin got a lot of extra nutrients during this time!
This trip to Moab was awesome and Jason and I are already planning our next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment