Thursday, May 5, 2011


For the past few months, Elin has loved sitting in her cousin, Bailey's car seat. It's like she sees how the adults sit and wants to be like us. She also will sit/lounge in a kids chair that Grandma Jeanie has. Grandma gives her a snack and her drink and she'll just sit there happy as a clam!

Elin is a full fledged toddler these days. She is super independent and wants to do things by herself. She has a better memory too. She used to forget an object once it was out of her sight, but not anymore! Not only does she remember, but she watches where I put the object and will not stop until she gets it. Elin has also started throwing temper tantrums a lot. She stomps her feet, waves her arms, pinches, hits, bites and whines. Jason and I just keep reminding ourselves that we can't reason with her right now, so we just try to redirect her attention. When we are at the grocery store, she runs away from me - not because she is interested in something, but because it is a game now - the "run away from mom game!" She also swipes all of her food off the high chair tray.

When I am out jogging with Elin and Scout, Elin likes to take off her shoes and chuck 'em and then take of her socks and eat them! Most of the time I see her shoe go by so I can stop and pick it up, however, this week, I didn't see it. I didn't notice it was gone for a while and had to back track to find it!

While life is getting a little crazier around here, we have more fun and good times than craziness. Elin knows the signs for milk and more. She does the actions to "If you're happy and you know it" clap and stomp! She also likes to find stuff. I will tell her what to find and she will look for it. She loves to dance, play with cars and eat Grandma Lorie's flower petals (the purple ones). Elin also loves jumping on the tramp and she's just learning to throw the ball for Scout. She thinks it's hilarious! She says, mommy, mom, hi baby (when she sees another baby), hi Scout, fish (said "ish"), kitty and I think she's said grandma. It is always amazing to me, to see her learn new things.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about her!! And I am soooo anxious to see her!!

    ReplyDelete